Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Peace


As we enter the holiday season, I am reminded that PEACE is really what is important.  There is a lot of excitement swirling around me in my work environment, in my family and in my community.  Some of it isn't really pleasant excitement, but necessary in some ways.  Some of the excitement is just wonderful and fun.  Regardless, I have been reminded (again and again) that it is not what happens that is good or bad.  What I think about what is happening is what makes that determination.  

My friend, Mary, gave me a card one year for Christmas that had this PEACE message.  I held it close for many years, knowing that I would find just the right use for it.  I framed it and had it in my office.  Last year, I figured it out a better use and created my PEACE series using acrylics, collage components, photography transfer and the words of this poem on canvas and wood.  I still have requests for these original works of art in varying sizes.  It pleases me that Mary's gift continues to give.

PEACE
it does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble
or hard work.  it means to be in
the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.

www.staceybrownarts.com



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. And paintings! I love that you used the card that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I have gotten a lot of mileage from that one card. Love, love, love it.....

    ReplyDelete