Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pillow Paint

OK.... So, I'm distractible....   Even when I'm at my "real job", thoughts of gold sparkly paint and rearranging furniture and ways to decorate and paint are dancing through my head.  It's what I really want to do, of course.  Can you say ADHD?

Here in Southwest Florida, it's about 75 degrees now.  We like to enjoy the weather and eat outside often.  So, I found these great new seat cushions for my outdoor furniture at Old Time Pottery.  They are apple green and I am very pleased to replace my old, weather worn burnt orange cushions.  Guests will no longer have to sit on molded, dirty, sun faded, squirrel torn and dog haired outdoor cushions when we have our outdoor pizza oven parties.  I have promised myself to take care of these cushions now and put them in our little storage shed so the elements won't destroy them before next season.

I decided that the new cushions weren't enough.. as good looking as they are..   and that additional little pillows were necessary.  Instead of buying them, I decided to paint cushions that I already had that were also molded, dirty, sun faded, squirrel torn and dog haired.  I did not use fabric paint, but regular acrylic paint.  While they are certainly stiff, I think they will do just fine.

Here are the before, during and after photos...   I need to take a picture of the newly painted cushions on the new apple green cushions for the full effect.  But, take my word for it....  It is a much improved face lift on the outdoor furniture.... and it was a fun distraction.





No comments:

Post a Comment